Ever since Jack Nicholson’s movie came out called The Bucket List, everyone is making one. Well, so am I. But my list is all about minimalism. Here we go – just six for now:
- Leave our five bedroom, three bathroom home and downsize to a two-three bedroom home since our son has left home and we now have rooms in our house that are completely empty. A little house on the beach would be perfect.
- Cull all the furniture and knick knacks that we brought over from Italy decades ago. My husband can’t bear the thought of this so I will have to be subtle.
- Maintain a 30-item wardrobe forever. I love finding something to wear so quickly in the morning, whether I stay at home or go out.
- Get as close as possible to zero-plastic waste. Our rubbish bin is already almost empty on the weekly pick-up day but there is still a little way to go. It’s not easy but we will keep plugging away at it.
- Structure my business to allow two to three holidays a year. It’s Mongolia, Australia and Italy this year. I can work while overseas since my business is online but I like to minimalize the work while away.
- Incorporate charity work into my schedule or perhaps do volunteer stints overseas. I spent a year in the Fiji Islands on Volunteer Service Abroad when I was young and would like to return to that place of giving.
There’s my list. Now it’s your turn to tell me your minimalism bucket list.